Sunday 21 October 2007

Why I hate computers

Well, I've been having computer troubles for a little while now, but everything really went pear shaped recently. The graphics are now so fuzzy they're distracting. That's why I haven't been here for a few days, pure frustration. I'm afraid I won't be able to take pictures any more until I get a new computer. I'm sorry for messing people around, I know how frustrating it can be to invest in a story only to have it shelved away. But I will continue with My Perfect Life, I promise, as soon as I have my new computer. I might even get one for Christmas.

The main frustration for me has been the idea that I can't WRITE for a few months. I never realised how much I enjoy it until I suddenly couldn't. So I'm going to try writing a new story without pictures. I have no idea if anybody will read, and I don't really expect anyone to, I'm just writing for myself. It'll be strange not writing in script format, but good practice I suppose.

Again, I'm really sorry. But My Perfect Life will be back. Eventually.

5 comments:

Damon said...

it's ok Tony I can wait, I'm having the same troubles to well not the graphics part but the computer problem part i'm getting a new cmputer also so people have to wait for my stories to.

thewynd said...

Tony whatever you post...I will read. I adore your writing. The pictures are the icing.

It can be so frustrating when computers break down or become obsolete, which they do almost the moment you walk out the door with them.

I'm guessing a new graphics card won't do the trick...

Anonymous said...

Tony, your loyal readers and fans will wait as long as we need to wait! Your incredible work deserves the wait! I will be thrilled to read anything you write, maybe you haven't realized how absolutely extraordinary your writing is? Well, read all the comments on your blog, TONY you are 'THE MAN'!

My brother is my computer doctor! He does all the upgrades and installs for me! LOL! He spoils me! :) He mentioned before after extensive research that to really get the most of 'The Sims2' you need a kick ass processor and a good video card! But you don't neet to get the most expensive ridiculously bad ass video card, because 'The Sims2' gets all its power from the processor! Don't know if that made sense. Again, my bro is the genius I just sit and play! ;) Take care Tony!
ps. my bro is going to try to find the article that listed all these info and he'll forward the link to me so I can send it to you!

Anonymous said...

Tony here's the info I mentioned:

This article explains what the game requires.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6133243/index.html?type=tech

This article explains SATA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SATA

My bro's suggestion is; spend money on the processor and spend money on the hard drive speed. He would recommend SATA 3.0Gbit/s hard drives. You have to make sure that the motherboard will support it though. Nowadays if you buy a new motherboard with new processor odds are it will support SATA 3.0Gbit/s hard drives. The above mentioned article can help teach you a bit more about computers if you are willing to click through the articles and follow the links.

My system for comparison is:

Pentium 4 2.4GHz Processor
2 Gig of RAM
SATA 1.5Gbit/s hard drive
ATI Radeon 9200

I have no problems what so ever, I LOVE IT! Runs fast, smooth, very clear and detailed graphics (i.e. pics of my TSR story "Cinderella" or my blog)
I hope this helps my dear Tony to make a wise choice on your computer problems!

newbie Tony said...

Thank you everyone! I'm getting computer advice, and hopefully I can get a new one for Christmas. [crosses fingers and toes and dashes of to Zayury's GB] Thank you!!